Welcome to the Free
Google My Business Optimization
Step 1: Set-up your Google My Business
1. On your computer, sign in to your Google Account, or create one. If you create a new Google Account, sign up with your business email domain. 2. Go to create a profile. 3. Enter the name of your business. You may also be able to select your business from the list of suggested businesses as you type. If you get a message that someone else has already verified the business, request ownership of the Business Profile. 4. Search for your business category. 5. Click Next. 6. Choose whether you have a location customers can visit. For businesses with a storefront staffed during business hours: Click Yes. You may be asked to enter your business address or position a marker on a map for the location of your businesses. When finished, click Next. For businesses that don't have a storefront staffed during business hours: Click No. 7. Enter the service area of your business. -You can set your service area based on the cities, postal codes, or other areas that you serve. You can add up to 20 service areas. Tip: We recommend you do not extend the boundaries of your overall area farther than 2 hours driving time from where your business is based. For some businesses, it may be appropriate to have a larger service area. 8. Enter a phone number and website URL. 9. Click Next. -You also have the option to create a website based on your information. Tip: We recommend entering the individual phone number or store page for each location, rather than a remote call center. 10. Click Finish. 11. Select a verification option. Tip: We recommend reviewing your information before you request verification. To verify now: At the top, find the red banner and click Verify now To verify later: Click Verify later and then Later. If you’re not authorized to manage the Business Profile for the chain: Find the person in your organization who’s authorized and continue the process.
Step 2: Set-up your Messages
1. Click on messages on your Google Business Profile 2. Click Turn On 3. Click Done 4. Click the 3 dots or menu icon and select Chat Settings 5. Select send read receipts if you would like your customers to know you have read their message. 6. Set up your custom Welcome Message. 7. Add FAQs and it will create automatic response for your most commonly asked questions 8. Finally you have the option to turn on the smart chat
Step 3: Set-up Photo
1. Upload 3-5 Photos of your business. -Do not rush to take the pictures, take your time. -Make sure your photo settings are on the highest on your device or camera. -Be aware that the camera is flat, do not angle it. Think about the customer experience when taking the photos. -If you are a service based business, use behind the scenes photos of you working on-site. 2. Upload your logo. -If your logo is not centered, open Canva. -Make a custom design that is 500px by 500px. -Scroll down in the elements tab and select circle. -Make the circle fit in the canvas and drop your logo into the circle frame. -Use the crop feature to optimize it. 3. Upload a cover photo. Showcase your business to your customers.
1. Select Edit Products 2. Click Add Product. -Please note that not all products are allowed to sell on you Google My Business listing. Please review the guidelines for your products. 3. Add product name 4. Select or Create the Category of your product 5. Add product price 6. Add the product description from your website 7. Add a button. -Select one of the options Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Get Offer. 8. Add the link 9. Add a photo to it. -Use the same one’s from your website. 10. Click Publish. *Please note that if you are a service type of business i.e. Law Office, Real Estate, Accountant, Web Designer, etc. this option is not okay to use to show your service. Even though we have seen multiple businesses that do not have a physical product use this section to show their services, with a learn more link. * If your are a CBD seller, Smokeshop or anything like that kind of business you are also not allowed to use this section. Even though we have seen multiples businesses use this, with a learn more link. * If you are medical provider, laser tech or makeup/hairstylist, this section is not meant for you but we have seen multiple business use this section to describe their services and pricing.
Step 4: Edit Product
Step 5: Edit Services
1. Add your Primary Business Category. -This should be your keyword and what kind of business you are. 2. Add the Services that are offered. 3. Add a secondary Business Category. -Some businesses i.e. Medspa will offer different categories, like laser hair removal, massages, hair services. 4. Add the services that are offered under that category Service businesses can choose from suggested types of services. For example, plumbers may get "Install faucet" or "Repair toilet" as services to add. If the type of service isn't listed, you can add your own custom services. Tip: Certain custom services are prohibited and will be auto-rejected by our arbitration system. These include vulgarities, gibberish, personally identifiable information (PII), URLs, prices, and phone numbers.
Step 6: Set up Booking
1. Select Featured Book Button. 2. Select your Provider. -If your provider is not listed skip this step. 3. Add the booking link or your booking page link from your website. *This step is only for Business’s who do not have a provider that partners with Google.
Step 7: Set up Q & A
1. Select the more button that looks like a half of an arrow and select Q&A 2. Add your question by clicking the blue button Ask A Question 3. Click Post 4. Then Respond to the answer This is a great way to feature FAQs on how to set up an appointment or what to expect when booking.
Step 8: Set up Add Update
1. Select the more button that looks like a half of an arrow and select Add Update. -You have the option of Adding an Update, Adding an Offer or Adding an Event. This is the secret sauce of optimizing your Google Listing. Google wants business to use this like a Facebook listing. So be creative in how you can maximize this, like any algorithm the more you post the hire you rank. -Minimum in our opinion is Once a week. The max we think is a daily update, 7 per week. 2. Click Add a Update 3. Add the Photos or Video 4. Add description 5. Add a button. -Options are Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Sign Up 6. Add link *Please note that you cannot put any promotional items like a BOGO or a discount. Use the Offer section. The Add Offer section is used for any promotions you might be having for your business. 1. Click Add Offer 2. Add the Photos or Video 3. Add the Title 4. Add Start Date 5. Add End Date 6. Click Add more details 7. Add the offer details. -Try to use some keywords in this section. 8. Coupon Code if applicable 9. Link to redeem the offer. -Make it directly to the service 10. Terms and Conditions. -Please note that there need to be clear terms and conditions for any offers. If you have an event happening or want to host one for your customers/clients, you can use the Events Section. 1. Click Add Event 2. Add the Photos or Video 3. Add Start Date 4. Add Start Time 5. Add End Date 6. Add End Time 7. Add Event Details 8. Add a button. -Options are Order Online, Buy, Learn More, Sign Up, or Call Now
Step 9: Set up Ask for Review
1. Select the more button that looks like a half of an arrow and select Ask for reviews. 2. Copy the link 3. Text or Email the link to your customers Tip: Do not send it to your customer after they leave your appointment, wait 24 hrs. Google sometimes deletes actual reviews because they are too close to the business or on the same Wifi.
Setting up and optimizing a Google My Business listing can be time-consuming, but it is well worth the effort. Creating or enhancing your listing with relevant information, images, and other business data not only improves local search rankings but also increases visibility and reach in online search results. With our step-by-step guide and ready-made templates, it should take roughly one hour to properly set up and optimize a Google My Business listing.